Sunday, December 28, 2014

Night #1

Well, I promised I would update this every day, even if nothing much seems to happen, and so I am. Last nights dream was mildly odd, I suppose, but not really much of anything, I would say.

The dream consisted of nothing more than me sitting in my living room as each door in the apartment slowly opened and closed. Each doorway I could see through would lead to a different location each time, ranging from rooms in the apartment they couldn't possibly connect with to locations I cannot even begin to identify, but most seeming relatively normal, like what looked like a bar and what appeared to be a large ballroom. Eventually, all of these doors looked into what seemed to be different locations of the same large, run down, industrial city. They then began opening and closing in rapid succession, each time looking into what appeared to be a different part of the same city. It was at this point I awoke and realized that I could not move at any point during this dream.

Eh, a bit unnerving, I suppose, but not really strange or frightening.

2 comments:

  1. You asked me if i had any ideas. here some

    There are many urban legends and myths about dreams. one common motif is that they are omens of things to come, a harbinger if you will. One good example of this (even though its not actually a myth, but a work of fiction) comes for The SCP Foundation. SCP-990, "The Dream Man" is a entity that usually appears as a human male dressed in a business suit. he sometimes appears in foundation worker's dreams (and only SCP foundation personal's dreams), telling of events of death, doom, and the like, whist being a gentleman at the same time.

    Another is called...lets call it The Corinthian. It is much more malevolent then 990. it is basically a living dream, an entity living in the collective subconscious of mortals. it can visit mortals while there asleep/dreaming, then torment them at its lesser, sometime manipulating the victims physical body into sleepwalking, other times trapping it in an endless nightmare. it also, like 990, usually tells the victim about future things. interesting urban legend, The Corinthian, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While this urban legend is indeed interesting, I was looking for an answer a bit more scientific. I personally don't believe in these kinds of fantasies that have no evidence towards them, and you yourself said that the first was a work of fiction.

      Still, though, it's better than nothing, I guess. If you have any guesses on what this dream might be an omen of, or might be trying to tell me, I'll read it. Although I still think these horror stories are a complete fiction, it may actually, instead of being an omen, be my subconscious mind trying to give me some sort of message, and your interpretation may help decode that. Still think these bizarre urban legends are false and ridiculous, though I appreciate the gesture, so if you have any ideas, may as well let me know.

      As I said before, I suppose it's better than nothing.

      Delete