Saturday, January 3, 2015

Awake

Just woke up. I slept all day, although I suppose it's better than sleeping for two days straight. I feel a little bit more rested, although barely. I can still type, so that's good. Sorry about the chaotic last post.

Last night's dream had me back in the city. The Captain Spaulding dude was in front of me again. I asked him what he wants, and we had a short conversation.

David: What are you? Is this my subconscious?
CS: (Laughs for some time) My dear boy, of COURSE I'm not your subconscious. You'd think that would be quite simple to figure out. No, I'm much worse than that.
David: So what ARE you?
CS: I can't just tell you that, it'll spoil the fun later. You might find out in due time... if you survive that long.
David: What do you want with me? Why can't you just leave me alone?
CS: I want a good show, first and foremost. I want to see your fears. I want to watch you scream. You people always react in such interesting manners. It keeps me amused.
David: Why ME?
CS: That's what the victim always says, isn't it? Why me? Well, my friend, plain and simply because you were there. I had to pick someone. You were a person, just like the next. I just happened to decide upon you. That's why.
David: Fuck off.
CS: How rude. Do you have any kindness, any manners? I wouldn't speak that way to something that has complete control like I do.
David: Complete control? Of what?
CS: Of you, of course.

At this point, the figure disappeared and I awoke.

I'm going to try to go back to sleep sometime tonight. If I see that thing, I'll try to talk to it some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment