Sunday, January 18, 2015

Well, that was... interesting

Ok, I met with the guy at the hotel lobby. He ordered drinks for both of us and found a nice secluded place to sit. I asked who he was and what I was needed for. His response was... unexpected.

He introduced himself as Young, and said he works for a company called the SMSC. He told me he's been following my blog for a while, and that his company deals with similar cases. I asked him what the fuck this had to do with my job. He said his superiors at the SMSC are everywhere, and have absolute authority in most places.

I... may have gotten a little hot-headed. I screamed at him for a bit, thinking this was some cruel joke, the whole lobby was staring but I didn't care. After I yelled for a while, he asked if I was done. I said yes. He asked me to sit back down. I did.

He explained to me that the SMSC investigates certain anomalous entities that have been known to spread chaos and fear. They monitor the activities of these entities apparently hoping to figure out a way to stop them. From what he told me, there's been very little luck. They've destroyed one, but then two more appeared, he said. Although I think he also said he thinks the other two were just in waiting. I'm not sure. Don't really care.

He asked me if he could have another meeting with me tomorrow. Just so I can explain all that's been happening. He said after that he'd go back to his workplace and I'd be unlikely to see him again.

I told him maybe. I don't necessarily believe a stranger telling me this kind of crap. Then again, plenty of things have happened recently I have trouble believing. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment